Sunday, October 23, 2016

Life of Tigger


The children's Drama got approved by Abu Dhabi Environment Authority and was played in Al Ain Zoo on October 21st 2016.

Written & Directed : Shereen

Summary:

A tiger cub Tigger is captured and kept in a cage inside the farm to be sold for its skin. A group of children inform the authorities about the cub leading to the capture of the people involved and rescuing the tiger from the cruel ones.

Scene 1

As the curtain opens, the music of forest is played. A group of tigers, birds dance to the rhythm and a very small tiger (from the group) comes forward and addresses the crowd ,( the music behind is diminished) ..

Tigger:  I am Tigger. It’s always like this in our house, our  jungle.  We were all very happy together . But then they came and things changed.. We used to hunt only when we are hungry, but they were always hungry

Sound of gun fire is heard and the tigers run out along with few birds and two hunters with guns enter and trap Tigger. They laugh out loud..

Light fades, sound of music intensifies..

Scene 2

As light comes in, four person stand inside a room in the middle of a farm and a cage is brought into the room. Tigger is in the cage.  They walk around the cage.

Yousuf: That’s a good one Mr. Hadi. By two and half years, we can use his skin as we have planned.

Haidi: Yes Mr.  Yousuf, now he is just a baby and our pet. He is worth our investment and I am sure we can reap gold from him.

Noorah: But how can we keep him hidden for all these years. You know the laws of this nation does not allow to keep exotic animals . If somebody hears him growl , they can complain.

Yousuf: Noora, you know that we have a very big farm and who will come to know.

Haidi:  Besides, after three years, his skin will give us enough money to travel around the world..

They all laugh..and say “Bye baby”..and leave the room.

A sad music comes in..

Tigger: (crying) I miss my home, my parents. I don’t know what has happened to them.. oh god, please help me

A bird comes flying near the cage..

Bird: Hi, I haven’t seen you here before. You look sad.

Tigger: My friend, I don’t know how I reached here. My house is a big forest. There I used to play with my siblings, my mother. I lost them all . Now they are going to kill me too

Tigger starts crying.

Bird: Don’t cry.. let me think of a plan.

Bird walks in front of the cage to and fro and she hears a group of children playing outside.

Bird: I got an idea.  There are children playing outside with a ball. I will push that ball into the farm. Then I will give you a hint. You will have to growl.

Tigger: How will they help me

Bird : Don’t worry, from my experience here children are more sincere than the big ones.

Bird flies out. Tigger listens children shouting

Ext OS: Ohh, the ball has gone inside the farm. Let us go inside and get it.. .

Bird (she run’s across the stage) : Now it’s your turn.

Tigger growls..

A group of children enter catching the sound of the growl.

Child 1: What is this?

Child 2: It’s a tiger.

All the children get scared but seeing Tigger lying in the cage helplessly move towards it.

Child 3: You all know something, there are only 3890 tigers in the world living today.

Child 4: This means, that they are endangered right?

Child 5: What is endangered?

Child 1: Endangered means their life is in danger  and they may become extinct. There aren’t many of that type animal left in the world.

Child 2: Like dugongs, Arabian oryx, green turtles that are found in this country

Child 3: What are dugongs?

Child 4: Dugongs are marine mammals and found mostly in Abu dhabi.

Child 5: how do they become endangered?

Child 1: Because of over hunting or destruction of their habitat by we human beings.

Child 2: Since, tiger is also in that list, isn’t this illegal to keep tigers as pet.

Child 3: yes, see that poor animal. We need to help it

Child 4: But how.

Child 5: I know one way. I have read in Gulf News, that if we see any exotic animals we should inform the Abu dhabi government immediately . They will take care of this poor cub.

Child 1: You know the number?

Child 2: The number to call is 800555 and We should do that immediately

Child 3:  First, let us get out from here without them noticing.

Children gather in front of the cage pacify Tigger and walk away..

Scene 3:

Bird: Hi friends, you really would like to know what happened to tigger

Bird moves to the corner as a man dressed in Arab costume comes and opens the cage

Bird: An official came and released our friend

Tigger joins with a group of other tigers to the sound of music

Tiger 1: Tigger joined our Al Ain zoo, where we are more safe and fed properly

Tiger 2:  We are all so happy to see him

Tigger: I am now in Al ain zoo and feel better as I have some new friends to play with.

They play together and exit..

Yousuf, hadi and Noorah come

Yousuf: Dear friends , We have relaized our mistake

Haidi: Now, Let us all join hands and let the world know

Noorah: Let us all say together in one voice

Together: Let us all say NO to illegal Pet Trading. Let us love animals and not hurt them.

As the scene ends, with the birds and tigers carrying “No to illegal pet Trading”….